A quick reminder for all our Heavy Gear Blitz fans, our annual Golden Gear Painting Competition is on right now, with 4 categories and prizes for each below. We posted photos of the first entries in our DP9 Forum thread today and have attached them with this post for everyone to checkout. Get painting your HGB/HGA minis, take photos and email them to Robert Dubois at email@example.com by the end of November 2019.
– Best Heavy Gear Blitz Miniature (Single HGB/HGA Miniature: Gear, Strider, or Other Vehicle)
– Best Heavy Gear Blitz Combat Group (Combat Group of Four or more HGB/HGA Miniatures)
– Best Duelist Miniature (Single HGB/HGA Miniature: Equipped with Duelist Weapons)
– Pimp My Gear (Single HGB/HGA Miniature: Gear, Strider, or Other Vehicle – All Pimped Out with a Flashy Paint Scheme, Custom & Scratch Builds are encouraged for this category. Note: You don’t need to make an actual Pimp as some did in our first Pimp My Gear Contest.)
Prize for each Category Winner:
1 Golden Gear 2019 Trophy + $100 DP9 Online Store Credit.
– Entries must be Heavy Gear Blitz (HGB) or Heavy Gear Arena (HGA) miniatures. Pimp My Gear entries can be custom builds but should include some recognizable HGB/HGA parts.
– Entry Deadline is Midnight EST on November 30th 2019.
– Email up to five photos per entry to firstname.lastname@example.org please include your full name. By submitting your photos you grant Dream Pod 9 the right to publish the submitted photos. Entrants may submit entries to multiple categories, with a maximum of 3 entries per category. Current Dream Pod 9 Montreal Staff are excluded from the competition.
– Judging will be done by the Dream Pod 9 Montreal Staff (Robert Dubois, Philippe F. LeClerc, and Alain Gadbois) in early December and Winners Announced.
We’ll post all the entries as they are received in the DP9 Forum thread at the following link. Get your photos in now.
Also, we have taken the time to work on improvements to the infantry for the upcoming HGB ver. 3.0 Rules. A discussion thread has been started on the DP9 Forum at the following link and we want everyone’s feedback on the improvements.
On this Remembrance Day here in Canada and the British Commonwealth or Veterans Day in the United States we want to thank and remember all the brave men and women who have helped keep us all safe and free through the years.
On the 11th hour, of the 11th day of the 11th month, we take 2 minutes of silence to remember.
Image below includes the war poem “In Flanders Fields” written during World War I by Canadian physician Lieutenant-Colonel John McCrae, with image of the Canadian National Rimy Ridge Memorial in the background.
We are into the final 4 weeks of Dream Pod 9’s annual Heavy Gear Blitz Golden Gear Miniature Painting Competition, deadline is midnight, November 30th 2019. So get your Heavy Gear Blitz and Arena miniatures assembled, painted, take some cool photos, and email them in. We have 4 categories this year: – Best Heavy Gear Blitz Miniature (Single HGB/HGA miniature: Gear, Strider, or Other Vehicle). – Best Heavy Gear Blitz Combat Group (Combat Group of Four or more HGB/HGA miniatures). – Best Duelist Miniature (Single HGB/HGA miniature: equipped with duelist weapons). – Plus the return of: Pimp My Gear! (Single…
Just a quick post tonight (October 31st, 2019) to wish everyone a Happy Halloween from the staff at Dream Pod 9!
The leaves are already changing color here in Montreal and its Canadian Thanksgiving Day again, this Monday October 14th 2019. We made a small graphic to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving and hope you all have a great time with family and friends. The DP9 Office will be closed on Monday for the holiday and we’ll be back at work on Tuesday. A quick reminder for all our Jovian Wars fans, the Golden Exo 2019 Painting Competition is on right now, with 6 categories and prizes for each below. Get painting your Jovian Wars Spaceships and Squads, take your entry photos…
Kickstarter Update: Mold Shipping News, DP9 Pledge Manager and DP9 Online Store Add-On Orders, and Golden Gear 2019 Trophies Finished Up!
An important Kickstarter update today to let everyone know that the 3 plastic injection molds for our new Utopia, Peace River, and NuCoal plastic miniatures have shipped out from the manufacturer in Taiwan. They are on a ship somewhere in the Pacific right now, with an expected arrive date of around October 15th at the plastic manufacturer here in Montreal, barring any delays with Canada Customs. So we’ll need to get final production numbers by October 15th, 2019 for how may pops of each plastic injection mold are needed to fill all our Kickstarter Backer Reward Packages (shipping in November /…
Our judges looked over all the Golden Exo 2019 Entries this last week and tabulated our results for the 6 categories. We want to thank everyone that took the time paint-up some their Jovian Wars miniatures, take photos, and send them in for our first annual competition. As a thank you all entrants will receive a Jovian Wars Patch that will be mailed to them in the coming weeks. Each category winner will be receiving a Golden Gear 2019 Trophy and a $50 USD Dream Pod 9 Online Store credit plus free shipping for their next order that will include the Trophy when shipped.
Now, its time to announce the winners below and we have attached images with the post of the winning entries and honorable mentions for each category.
– Best Exo Squad Winner: Akito Inoue
– Best Fighter/Bomber Squad Winner: Michael Abbott
– Best Spaceship Winner: Colin Fenton
– Best Jovian Force Winner: Tony Baltera
– Best CEGA Force Winner: Taro Kawagoe
– Best Venus Force Winner: Colin Fenton
You can checkout all the entries on the DP9 Forum Golden Exo 2019 Entry Photos thread at the following link.
This week Phil finished painting up the new Peace River plastic miniatures. He did another amazing job, with their red and grey color scheme, finishing them up with numbering and Peace River logo decals. We took photos today of the 18 painted plastic minis together and in groups of the 6 Warriors, 6 Warrior IVs, 3 Crusader IVs, and 3 Skirmishers, check them out below. Plus photos of the new Peace River Force now possible thanks to the our Kickstarter Backers. The Force image below includes the painted up plastic minis, Black Wind VTOL resin mini, Uhlan Strider resin mini, Spartan two pack pewter minis, Jackal two pack pewter minis, and Mameluk infantry fighting vehicle two pack resin & pewter minis.
Phil now has the new NuCoal plastic miniatures to get painted up, once he’s done we’ll post another update.